Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Found out the stock oil pump pickup doesn't fit the road race oil pan I bought so I had to go and buy a new pickup.  Luckily Summit let me return the original pickup.
Also got the oil pan and timing cover finally installed.  The "complete" bolt set I bought from ARP does not include enough bolts for the oil pan.  I could probably call ARP and get the 4 I'm missing, but the original bolts will be just fine.
I had to plug the original dip stick tube hole since it wouldn't work with this new baffled pan.  A 3/8" expansion plug just barely fits in there and should keep oil from escaping through the hole.
I also decided to use a different style of oil filter adapter.  The one that came with the engine is a truck style mount, and while it would have worked I don't like how it holds the filter horizontally instead of vertically.  The one is the car version that hold the filter vertically.




No comments:

Post a Comment