Saturday, January 24, 2015

More Wiring and Sheetmetal

Now it's time to really start connecting things
I decided that I'd change the wiring a bit.  The starter solenoid is generally located in the engine bay and that would have been fine, but I didn't like the idea of running a large gauge un-fused power cable from the battery in the trunk to the starter solenoid in the engine compartment.
So, I decided to move the solenoid to the trunk with the battery.  This allowed me to keep the un-fused portion short and also incorporate a Mega fuse to feed power to the fuse block under the dash.
I did a little research on batteries and the one I got was one of the shortest height I could find.  There's not much room in the trunk, so I need a battery that's short and stout.
I also attached the majority of the remaining truck sheet metal.

No comments:

Post a Comment