Monday, July 10, 2017

At the Painter... for 9 months

In November I went back to check out how things were going.  The body was in the primer booth getting ready for a it's first coat.

  Everything looked on track, but by January I was starting to wonder how it was coming along.  I'm not sure what was going on, but the response was the the primer was curing.  I wasn't too concerned since it was winter and I wouldn't be driving it anyway, but still my expectations had been set a 3 months.  At the 6 month mark with no status updates I was starting to worry.
  I felt good that many before me had taken it to Ken and were pleased, but 6 months with little progress was concerning.  Now, do you constantly call, complain, whine, demand progress?  Maybe, but I decided to just go with it.  I want a good job and I was willing to wait.  I did let him know that I was disappointed.
  Finally in June roughly 8 months after I dropped it off I got a picture with some progress.
  It was a relief and the end was in site.  I finally got my car back in July.  The paint looked great, and the car fired right up even though it had sat for so long in the shop.  I kind of expected a little something for 3 months turning into 9 and I did get an apology, but that's were it stopped.
  Overall the paint looks great.  Panel fitment is okay.  There are 2 places (hood and drivers door) where panels and touching and rubbing.  There are 3 drips on the driver front fender that are under the clear coat.  Just must have missed it before clearing.  There are a couple small pits in the clear that could probably be buffed out, but you have to look hard to find those.  Overall I'm glad it's done, I wish it was perfect, but honestly I didn't expect perfection anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment