Thursday, September 25, 2014

Rear End Installed

We got the front end assembled as much as we could.  The front spindles were on back-order so I decided to skip ahead a bit and work on getting the rear end installed.  Before purchasing the kit I went to pick and pull and found a '92 Ford Thunderbird Super Coupe to get my rear end out of.  I took that to Reno Driveline and Gear and had them gut it and install new 3.31 gear and a Truetrac differential.  I used some ratchet straps and the floor jack to get it into place.  I replaced the rubber bushing from the Thunderbird with poly bushings.
With the rear end installed I went on to install rear lower control arms and coilovers.  I found that the some of  the spacers they supplied were a bit short.  To I ordered some steel tube from McMaster Carr and cut my own to fit snug.

No comments:

Post a Comment